CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

More Clipart on the No-No List...

Hey all.  For those of you who like to create and share wonderful teaching printables (THANK YOU) I wanted to put the word out there that yet another clip art provider has landed on the no-no list (those who won't allow their clipart to be used to create things that we can share for free).  Alas, Diane Hooke over at DJ Inkers is this artist.  I know many teachers who use this clipart in their creations to share.  I had many of her sets on my wish list of clipart, but because it is so much more expensive than what I have found at other sites I haven't yet purchased any (thank goodness).  You won't be seeing any items in my shop using clipart from artist who won't allow sharing (except my huge collection of clipart purchased from DigiWeb before the change of terns so it's still a-ok to use).  So, that leaves many of us worried about exactly what artists we should be buying from - and which ones are going go flakey and change their terms.  I can tell you that I offer clipart at the Lil Red School House and that clipart will NEVER be unavailable for free sharing (in fact, you have to pay a little extra if you want to charge other for your creations using the clipart - isn't that the way it should be?)  I have found a few other graphic designers that I really like and will continue to purchase from.  Some of my favorites are KPM Doodles and Pixel Paper Prints over at Etsy and Zenware Designs and JW Illustrations over at My Grafio.  Scrappin Doodles is also a long time favorite that I've been using for quite some time and who still allows sharing.

Also, do you like the new siggy? She's a custom cutie by Jen over at JD Digi Designs (same as JW Illustrations).


0 had things to say:

Post a Comment